This blog has been and will be many things. Enjoy the variety of my ever-changing life!

Friday, June 15, 2012

"Il y a des perverts partout."

Today was my favorite brazilian's last day. She has degrees in psychology and literature, a phd in psychology, had her own practice for a while, and now she teaches and does research at a university in Sao Paolo. And she was the nicest lady I've ever met. Yodita, you're an inspiration. Culture clash side note-- I went to hug her goodbye but she though we were just doing the French bises so she was a little startled.

My main adventure involved going to a pharmacy (you don't go to a doctor here unless you're near death). I keep biting the inside of my lip, and it turned into a huge ulcer that killed every time I tried to eat or speak. No big deal, except I'm in a language class every day and I'm in the amazing-bread capital of the world. Anyway, I successfully communicated the issue and got the right medication and I'm already mostly healed!

I'm spending this lovely Friday night hiding from the rain and resting up from this last week/for this coming week (see the calendar) in the company of Mum and Sons and some ice cream we smuggled into the building. The weather really has been dreary for the last week.

Oh, and the quote above is my professor's favorite thing to say when we're discussing faits diverses (random stories that typically deal with death and bizarre occurrences like a cheese rolling competition that put 13 people in the hospital).

No comments:

Post a Comment