This blog has been and will be many things. Enjoy the variety of my ever-changing life!

Tuesday, June 5, 2012

Encore, la pluie

It's still raining and it's even chillier. If these people are this bundled up for fifty degrees, I can't imagine what they look like in the winter.

I was jolted out of yesterday's fog in my typical fly-by-the-seat-of-my-pants fashion. Here's what happened: I stayed up late last night finishing the book I started on the plane over (Firefly Lane, don't read it unless you're alone because you WILL cry) and I decided to wake up early this morning to do my homework for alliance classes. In a true stroke of genius, I set my alarm for 7:15 pm instead of am, and I didn't wake up until 8, or about fifteen minutes before I usually leave for the metro. Adrenaline kicking, I got ready in two minutes, demolished a croissant in record time, ran to the metro, and finished my homework in the lobby of the building. Happily, my happiness is generally tied to the level of tension in my life, so I've been happy as a clam throughout this dreary day. A sleepy, slightly disoriented clam, but a clam nonetheless.

After class, Kelley and I made it to Carnavalet, a museum that tells French history through art and artifacts from the time, all by ourselves. Molly is usually our navigator, and I really, really have a horrible sense of direction, so this was big doings. I also made it to the alliance by myself, and I only got turned around once. Progress!

We're currently hanging out on the deckish area of a café near Notre Dame. We had to have ice cream to rid the taste of an unidentifiable seafood stew from our mouths, and now were people watching. The FIAP's food is really just so great. Ah, the things students have to do to save money. On the bright side, I can typically feed myself for five euros a day!

Here's a picture of the best cheap wine I've found so far. Seven euros well spent and enjoyed at the base of the Eiffel Tower with new friends.

No comments:

Post a Comment