This blog has been and will be many things. Enjoy the variety of my ever-changing life!

Thursday, June 21, 2012

The city appears to have a hangover

Oh my goodness. Yesterday was the annual Fête de la Musique which means all of Paris was in the streets celebrating every style of music. I started in the Marais and witnessed jazz bands, drumlines, reggae, rock, acapella, and an Edith Piaf cover artist. I also participated in a spontaneous parade that took over the main boulevard, bathroom hunted like a champ, and danced to the YMCA. next we headed to Bourse. In the Palais Royale gardens a band played back in the ussr so of course we stopped an danced to that. Then we finally ended up at a Redman (reggae) concert at place de la bourse which was absolutely insane. I have never seen so many people just going nuts at once. I survived the night without stepping on any glass or any encounters with creepy pick up artists, and we ran into our new friend from Canada! I made it home by 12:45, but the city was no where near finished. I'm pretty sure I saw people staggering home during my 8:15 métro ride this morning. I really wish I could upload videos to the so you could understand how insane this was. The whole city was celebrating, bars closed the insides and just set up tables outside, and everyone danced. I love Paris.

No comments:

Post a Comment