This blog has been and will be many things. Enjoy the variety of my ever-changing life!

Wednesday, June 20, 2012

"It's a part of our culture."

Let me just say that I am a girl who loves to sleep. I need around eight hours to fully function, and naps are pretty far up there on my list of favorite things, second only to really hot showers. Let me also say that a good nights sleep here is usually between five and six hours. At this point exhausted is an understatement.

Yesterday I had my final for oral proficiency, so now I just have one more post-final thing to do on Saturday. I also took the final for my class at the alliance today, so tomorrow should just be a fun day. Last night I went with some girls from tech and some of their friends to a canal to hang out for a while. It was so great to meet new people, and I learned a little bit of Russian (I've already forgotten it though)! Apparently being on time is a key part of swiss culture, and a lot of Quebecois is English spoken with a french accent. And in the spirit of random information, the restrooms in McDonalds and KFCs in Paris are upstairs and usually require a coin to get in.

Today my class had a picnic in the Luxembourg Gardens! It was so fun to have so many languages swirling around. I had to explain why american football is so great, what prom court is, how frat parties work, and then I demonstrated my southern accent. In return, they taught me how Spanish and English universities work, how to hitchhike in Spain, and a few words of Italian that I need to memorize before next week. I am going to miss these people so much!!

Weather update: Paris weather is just as crazy as Blacksburg weather. I got a sunburn at our picnic, and then thirty minutes later I was sprinting home in a thunderstorm with torrential rain and marble sized hail. Wooooo!

No comments:

Post a Comment