This blog has been and will be many things. Enjoy the variety of my ever-changing life!

Friday, June 8, 2012

Today I looked at steps

And also Napoleon III's living quarters, La Joconde, the Winged Victory, and so many other works of art at the Louvre. My mind was just blown by the tread-patterns left on the stone staircases that show where thousands or maybe millions of people have walked before. It was especially neat on the marble floors where each color stone has worn away at a different rate so that the floor is a little uneven.

I'm not ashamed to say that I'm staying home on this chilly Friday night and probably going to bed within the next hour or so. The amount of walking and metro hopping I've done in the last three days, accompanied with the madness that is four hours of language class a day and so much extra writing that my hands cramp has left me zonked.

It's 10:15 and there's a crow outside my window raising a ruckus. What is this madness and why isn't the sun down. Also, the weather here has been just as finicky as Blacksburg weather for the last three days. Bonne nuit!

No comments:

Post a Comment