This blog has been and will be many things. Enjoy the variety of my ever-changing life!

Wednesday, June 6, 2012

Montmartre et Sacré Cœur

In class today we discussed the different education systems around the world. Apparently Finland has the best system, and Brazil and France are tied for the worst. It's funny to listen to the Chinese girl rag on her education system so much, but it really does sound awful. I'm one of two Americans in the class, and although our system is a little flawed, I'm happy to have ha such good schools.

After class we had our final walking tour. In the approximately fifteen miles we covered, we voyaged from the opera house (I forget the name but it's not the Bastille) to Montmartre, the city on the hill that overlooks all of Paris. I looooove Montmartre because it lacks the super-tourist/mega-glam aura that hangs over a lot of Paris. I saw people going grocery shopping in flats and several kids were even wearing sweatpants as they made their way to a soccer game. Yay real people!

I'm keeping this post short because I'm absolutely exhausted and the only down time I'll have tomorrow will be time spent on the metro. A demain!

Ps, I found honeysuckle and jasmine today. Even more reason why I love Montmartre.

No comments:

Post a Comment