This blog has been and will be many things. Enjoy the variety of my ever-changing life!

Monday, August 20, 2012

Back to school, back to school!!!!!!!


In case you couldn't tell from the title, I'm so excited to go back to Blacksburg!  I'm only a little bit terrified of my schedule, which is good, and I can't wait for football season to begin.  Before I either abandon this blog completely due to lack of time or switch over to adventures at VT, I figured I ought to do a quick recap of the major fun things I did post-Paris.

Ocracoke Island
My family and I try not to spread the word too much, but, since you're reading this, I'll tell you that Ocracoke is the most fabulous island in the Outer Banks. It's very low key and family oriented, so if you're looking for a Beach Week house or mini golf, this isn't the place for you. However, if 12 miles of beach, riding bikes everywhere, folk music, and access by ferry only sounds like your style, visit this island. I'd really like to live here for a summer.  We went to the beach every day, did some shopping, and went offshore fishing!



Camping
The camping trip included my immediate family and two of the dogs (Gracie and Fly). We went to our usual haunt in Montebello, VA. The highlight of that trip was climbing Spy Rock and witnessing the incredible 360 view of the valley below and other mountains nearby. The downfall of the trip was Fly rolling in human feces and having to share a tent with the dog who smelled to high heaven even after two baths and a trip into the lake. We also had to set up in the middle of a wicked thunderstorm, but we still had a great time!






Flying!
Last major adventure: I finally got my old cross country coach to take me flying!  He has his pilot's license and keeps his little Cessna in a nearby hangar. We flew over several friends' homes and over the property on which my parents are building a house!  From this adventure, I realized that I have no idea how my hometown is actually laid out and that maybe i'd like to get my pilot's license if I ever find enough time.


All in all, this has been a wonderful summer. I can only hope that this school year continues to hold such amazing adventures. 

No comments:

Post a Comment