This blog has been and will be many things. Enjoy the variety of my ever-changing life!

Wednesday, May 30, 2012

Deuxième journée

Today's class was even better! I've been to the second lesson of B1, and there is such a huge difference. My new professor speaks so quickly and I really think I'll learn a lot more from her teaching style than from Karine's method. I am now the second youngest in my class and there is only one (cute) boy in my class. He's from Argentina, and he leaves at the end of the week. I'm curious to see how the classes will work out with people coming and going to quickly. I also made friends with a Russian woman who basically has the dream life. She speaks nearly flawless English and very good French, and she lives in Maryland for a little while. It strikes me as odd when people don't know where Virginia is.

I'm currently on the métro, which I absolutely love. You can get nearly anywhere in the city on this thing and they're all in decent shape as far as cleanliness and safety. The stops are much better-lit than the new york metro. I also had my oral proficiency exam today! My teacher thinks I'll be able to get credit for 3126 right off ye bat (woohoo!!!).

Dinner menu at a newfound café (for dad especially) salad with a neat vinaigrette sauce, French fries, and lamb with some kind of cheese sauce coupled with a 2007 merlot the wine ended up costing more than each of our meals. Ordering without a clue what the dish will be has been working out quite well for me! Now it is raining, and although it is nine o'clock, the sun has yet to set. This city seems to be even more beautiful in the rain.

No comments:

Post a Comment