This blog has been and will be many things. Enjoy the variety of my ever-changing life!

Saturday, May 26, 2012

Celà, c'est une adventure

I'm finally in the air!!! After two days of delay, a cancelled flight, and two airport changes, we are on our way to France. Well, technically I'm on the way to Frankfurt, but at least I'm headed to the right continent! After arriving in Frankfurt, i have thirty minutes to make my next flight. This will be interesting to say the least. I am writing this about twenty minutes into my eight hour flight. So far so good: I'm seated next to a couple from a Baltic country based on the reading material they have with them. I suppose that isn't the best way to judge seeing as I am reading Harry potter in French, but it's the best guess I've got. I'm not sure they speak English, but we've managed to communicate about the lights and the meal without any problem and woth a lot of hand gestures There is a German family in front of me with two small children who are well behaved for the moment, but we shall see if their behavior holds. I've learned today that a backpack is the best way to go for a carry on, group travel is a huge pain, and never to fly with united airlines if I can help it.

Bisoux,
Sarah

Well, free wi-fi is harder to find than I thought so I'm lumping a couple posts together. The children in front of me were very well behaved, but one of my lovely travel mates talked to his poor seat mate until 5:00 am. Needless to say, I hardly slept at all. The questionable-English couple were very nice! They did understand English quite well, so I got the man to change seats with me so I could get to my carry on. I didn't make the flight to Charles de gaulle, but we got moved to the later one with the rest of the group so it worked out!

No comments:

Post a Comment