This blog has been and will be many things. Enjoy the variety of my ever-changing life!

Friday, May 22, 2015

I'm going to invest in Rabbits Feet and Four leaf clovers come July 22nd



I consider myself to be someone who luck tends to bless from time to time.  Ill get into restaurants right before a big line forms, I've narrowly avoided many bike accidents (many of which probably were almost caused by myself) and when a song gets stuck in my head it typically comes on the radio soon (which is strange because the song that gets stuck in my head the most is this one ).

I got excited because there were free movies on the plane..
but also because I know how much Gardner Burg would amp on the crosswords.

Well it seems like the lucky streak ran out for Sarah and I yesterday as our plane was slow to board, slow to push back from the gate, told by the pilot that due to weather we needed to regas (so went back to the gate), then told that was a false report, then sat on the tarmac for two hours before taking off and landing to see that our flight to Paris was already on its way.  Even though we thought it was going to be a fun next 24 hour stay in Charlotte (luckily not broken up by this guy ) the awesome folks at US Air put us on a flight to London and before you could say Bob's your Uncle we were underway for the 7 hour experience.  No crying babies to report but I did learn that even if you have the whole 4 seats in the middle of the plane to the two of you, sleeping is not really going to happen.  Luckily my stomach was fueled by extra cheesy pizza, chicken bacon ranch wraps and pasta with extra cheese so that was something quite delightful for the other passengers at 39k feet.

There was an entire shelve just for magazines
for cycling that spelled tire, tyre. Also free tyre levers?!
On to the fun stuff, Sarah and I made it to Paris.  We arrived here at 4:30 pm our time (6 hours ahead of you folks on the east coast) which was a blessing in disguise because we only had to kill about an hour of time before checking into our air bnb rather than the 10am - 6pm what do we do now game we would have played if we made our first flight.  We learned that just because you have an english accent (in Heathrow) doesn't meant you are a nice person, and that I severely underestimated how much French I know.

Tomorrow will hopefully be the last day of big time traveling for a while as we take the train to Normandy to meet our host family which we are really excited about.  They are originally from New Zealand and moved to France recently and purchased a really old (like 500 years) house that they are restoring, its going to be cool.


I don't think I have ever been this excited to take my socks off and lay completely flat.

And yes we totally went and saw the Eiffel Tower and laid on the lawn and gazed at its beauty.  Since Sarah can speak french though I scoffed at tourists and did my best "No Merci" phrases to the vendors.

The workers were on strike yesterday but we explained to them the situation and they opened it right back up for everyone.  


Cheers!

Will


No comments:

Post a Comment